If I had to pick a last meal this is it. Without a doubt, I could eat an entire pot of it and never regret a single calorie. It is the perfect cold weather dish but I make it all year round. You can throw the whole thing together in about 30 minutes and it makes enough food to feed 6-8 people so its great if you have company over, or if you’re like my family and just have a huge appetite for chicken and dumplings.
I add sweet corn to this recipe to balance out the heat and add a little crunch to my dumplings. My family loves it! If your not a fan just omit the corn- it will still be delicious.
The key to this recipe is Green Chili Stew from Cookwell and Co. Kroger and HEB carry it, but if your local store does not carry the stew you can get it on Amazon by clicking here. I’m also working on a copycat recipe for this stew so once I get it figured out Ill post that as well! I know this will become a family favorite! Enjoy!
- 1 jar of Green Chili Stew from Cookwell and Co.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2 cans sweet corn
- 1 can buttermilk biscuits uncooked (I love Pillsbury Homestyle Biscuits)
- Combine all ingredients except for the biscuits into a pot and bring to a boil
- In the meantime quarter all the biscuits
- Once the stew comes to a boil add the biscuits and stir occasionally while they cook for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and let stew simmer for another 10 minutes