It’s finally starting to feel like fall in Texas! We had such a fun weekend full of football, baseball, and golf. This week has been nice to slow down, enjoy some beautiful weather, and dinner on the back porch.
I found some oven ready noodles at the store that I wanted to try in a lasagna, so spinach and chicken lasagna it was!
This recipe was super delicious and a nice change from the same old lasagna I always make. Plus my son loved it so I’m considering that a win in the veggie department! The oven ready noodles actually worked really well and saved time for boiling. I would definitely recommend trying them!
I used fresh spinach but frozen would work great too! My Husband and I love spinach so I made sure there was plenty in this dish. However, if you’re not a huge fan you don’t have to add as much. There will still be plenty of flavor!
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 package Lasagna noodles (cooked)
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 12 oz frozen spinach
- 3-4 Chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 and ½ cup Pesto
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cups mozzarella
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and cook onions until translucent add garlic (about 5 minutes)
- Add spinach and stir about 5 more minutes
- Add Chicken and allow to cook together about 5 more minutes
- Season with Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl mix ricotta, egg, pesto, and Parmesan until blended.
- Add chicken and spinach mixture and stir to combine
- Spread 2 tbsp on bottom of a prepared 9x13 pan
- Layer noodles, top with ⅓ spinach and cheese mixture and cover with ⅓ mozzarella
- Repeat layers twice and bake at 350 for 35 minutes until hot and bubbly