As you have probably noticed we’re fans of pasta in my house. This one is probably our favorite. Its so easy my husband can make it (which is saying something) and it makes enough for yummy leftovers!
I use a combination of sweet and mild sausage since Jackson isnt too big on spicy food yet. But I LOVE this with some kick to it. So if your family is brave go for the spicy sausage to give this an extra kick.
I would actually eat this every day if I could. As it is Im pretty sure I make this every other week- hey we eat a salad beforehand so there are still some veggies consumed!!
I hope this one becomes as big of a hit with your family as it is with mine!
<iframe src=”//rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?o=1&p=12&l=ur1&category=kuft&banner=07V9YHKS4HY556H67002&f=ifr&lc=pf4&linkID=3808978be3d6303ffa06335178fa3550&t=mcingvale-20&tracking_id=mcingvale-20″ width=”300″ height=”250″ scrolling=”no” border=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ style=”border:none;” frameborder=”0″></iframe>
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 jars marinara sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 and ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 16oz package penne or ziti pasta
- Pour olive oil into a skillet and add diced onion, cook, until onion is translucent
- Combine the sausage and add to the pan with the onions. Cook over medium-high heat until all the pink is gone.
- Add marinara sauce, basil, garlic powder, ½ cup parmesan, and 1 cup mozzerella. Stir to combine.
- In a casserole dish pour in your COOKED pasta. Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to combine. Cover with remaining cheese and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and turning golden brown.