Guys, you have no idea how healthy I have been- like I am seriously impressing myself right now. The best part is all this food has been so yummy I have hardly noticed there isn’t cheese all over it. This salad was one of my favorites. This recipe made a large salad which was great for my family. If it’s too big for you, you could always add the chicken and dressing just to the portion you eat and save the rest for another day.
If you have time on a Sunday you can whip up the marinade in about 5 minutes and start to marinate your chicken. I made the marinade Sunday night and cooked my chicken today and it was perfect!
You can throw whatever you want into this salad, hard boiled eggs would be a great addition! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 bag romaine lettuce
- 1 bag spring salad mix
- ¼ cup red onions
- 1 and ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 can sweet corn
- 4 slices of bacon- cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 4 tbsp dijon mustard- smooth
- ⅔ cup honey
- 6 tbsp mustard whole grain
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- Combine ⅓ cup honey, 1 tsp garlic, 3 tbsp mustard, and 2 tbsp dijon mustard.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and cover with marinade. Marinate 2 hours but the longer the better.
- Cook chicken in a skillet with some olive oil until slightly crispy and cooked all the way through
- Whisk together remaining honey, mustard, dijon mustard, and garlic together for dressing and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large salad bowl. Add chicken on top and drizzle with dressing.