If you cant tell by the amount of cheese covered pasta I eat- I’m not the healthiest cook around. There I said it! But occasionally I will make something that is healthy and also so delicious that it deserves to be shared. Before I go any further I cant say that this is “super healthy.” I mean your cooking with bacon fat, but if you ask me that is how God intended us to eat 🙂
The best part about this recipe is its actually 2 ingredients. I’m not sure it even qualifies as a recipe but Ill share it anyway. You can throw it together in about fifteen minutes and it goes great with just about everything. Give it a try, you won’t regret it!
- 4-5 strips bacon
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook bacon until crispy and remove from pan. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the stems from the brussel sprouts and cut them into quarters.
- Add the brussel sprouts to the pan with the bacon fat and add salt.
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes.
- Crumble bacon and add it to the brussel sprouts before serving