So this is one of those recipes that has been around forever and for good reason. You can’t get sick of it. I could probably eat this 2-3 times a month and still get excited every time I cook it. Yes, it’s a great winter time dish, but really, who wants to wait for cold weather to eat this? Besides, I live in Texas, so if we’re holding our breath for cold weather I could be waiting awhile!
The best part is there is really no prep for this meal. Throw it all in the pot, let it cook and you are done! Great for busy nights, or lazy ones watching the Bachelor with some wine. I hear you girl, its necessary!
So throw this one together and celebrate life!!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2-15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2- 15 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1- 16oz Box Elbow Macaroni
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Adobo seasoning
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 and ½ cups water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large pan saute your ground beef until half cooked.
- Add the olive oil, onion, and garlic and cook until onion is translucent and meat is fully cooked.
- Add water, tomatoes, sauce, seasoning, and bay leaves. Stir to combine
- Lower heat and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes
- Add macaroni, stir and cover. Cook for about 30 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Remove bay leaves and add cheddar cheese
- Serve with Mozzarella cheese on top